3-Dimensional CAT Scan
More recently, Dr. Roberts & Dr. Hall have begun to rely on 3D imaging techniques and CT scans to provide them with a detailed view of the mouth and skull. We are proud to be able offer the Magic Valley the benefit of i-CAT CT scans from the comfort of our dental office, eliminating the need to refer patients to another office or to an imaging facility.
I-CAT 3-dimensional CAT scans can be completed in less than 30 seconds. They aid in planning dental implant treatment and other oral surgery. Unlike with traditional dental x-rays, utilizing 3D imaging allows the doctors to view bone structure, bone density, tissues and nerves very clearly.
How are i-CAT Scans performed?
i-CAT Scans are quick and simple to perform. During the scan, the patient sits stationary on a designated seat. The 3D imaging provides high-definition digital imaging with low radiation. A typical scan time lasts only 8.5 seconds.
CT scans have several uses within the dental field. They help the doctors to:
- Assess the quality and density of bone to optimize sites chosen for implant placement
- Determine where nerves are located
- Diagnose tumors and disease in early stages
- Pinpoint the most effective placement for implants, including the angle of best fit
- Precisely decide on the appropriate size and type of implants
- View impacted teeth
The i-CAT Scan is an incredible tool that is minimizing the cost of dental treatment, reducing treatment time and enhancing the end results of dental surgery.